World Blood Donor Day
In honor of this year's World Blood Donor Day, on June 14th, 2022, New York Blood Center (NYBC) is spreading awareness about the importance of donating blood in fund new ways! Sweeps for Cause, a nonprofit organization sweepstakes organization, is running a sweepstakes for a chance to win $4,000 with an additional $1,000 to support NYBC until July 31st, 2022! Each increase in donation level gives the financial donor a higher chance to win.
Currently, blood donations are down to a 1-2 day supply and donor participation has reached record lows at blood drives and donor centers. By entering the sweepstakes you are supporting NYBC to recruit more blood donors and supporters like you. Financial donations will directly help us:
- Recruit more individual blood donors and organizations to host blood-drives
- Further invest in working with local youth to demonstrate the importance of donating blood
- Execute blood donor initiatives beyond our annual budget
Support NYBC in one of the following ways:
- Enter the Sweepstakes Now for a chance to win $4,000!
- Schedule a Blood Donation Appointment HERE *Scheduling an appointment does not enter you into the sweepstakes.
- Read below about how your money is put to action and spread the word!
With the blood supply at critical levels, we depend on supporters like you to learn about the work we are doing and give back with your blood donations, financial support, and time. To learn more about how your support allows us to be a dynamic and robust organization and how our capabilities far exceed collecting blood, access the 2022 Community Impact Statement to:
- Learn why there is an ongoing national blood emergency and how you can help
- Meet real-life patients whose lives have been saved by our donors’ contributions
- Read about seven of NYBCe’s investigators and their renown research
- Find out how you can support NYBCe’s lifesaving mission