We invite you to participate in an exciting summer research program on the upper eastside of New York City!
- Students selected to participate in the LFKRI-Summer Undergraduate Research Program will be part of our cutting-edge biomedical research. They will work side-by-side with some of the world leading research scientists.
- Students are matched with laboratories according to their stated research interests and will work on projects under the direct supervision of faculty and postdoctoral fellows.
- Research projects in biomedical sciences and public health directly related to the following areas of research: Transfusion Medicine, Hematology and Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology.
- Students must commit to 10 weeks full time start date June 1.
- At the end of the summer program, students will present their research findings in a formal seminar to the institute.
- Competitive financial compensation: accepted students will be paid hourly up to $6000 (please note – this includes salary/housing and travel support).
- COVID-19 provisions: due to the ongoing pandemic, accepted interns will be required to complete a daily health screening, wearing a mask at all times while in the building and comply with social distancing regulations.
Qualifications and Selection
- Students must be enrolled full-time in an accredited College or University. International Students studying at a degree granting institution in the US are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue a career in the biomedical sciences or healthcare.
- Selection is based upon academic credentials, letters of recommendation and the congruence of the students expressed goals with the internship program. Relevant training or experience is a plus, but not required.
Investigators Accepting 2022 Summer Interns
- Karina Yazdanbakhsh, PhD
- Asim K Debnath, PhD
- Cheryl Lobo, PhD
- Larry Luchsinger, PhD
- Sara Lustigman, PhD
- Avital Mendelson, PhD
- Hong Van Tieu, MD
- Francesca Vinchi, PhD
- Hui Zhong, PhD
Interested applicants should submit the following documentation:
- A one page personal statement expressing interest for the LFKRI - Summer Undergraduate Research Program. Please indicate a potential area of research interest or lab you would be interested to work in.
- Resume/CV with current GPA
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly from the mentor/faculty to LFKRI-SURP@nybc.org
- Applicants should submit their documentation to LFKRI-SURP@nybc.org
- Submission deadline has been extended to February 15, 2022
- Applicants will receive an email notifying them of a decision between March 18-March 21