The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)/Research Administration is responsible for all pre- and post-award administration of sponsored programs. OSP is required to adhere to all sponsored guidelines, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidelines, various federal circulars as well as state and local government requirements for the management of sponsored programs. Sponsors include Federal, State and Local governments, non-profit agencies, corporations, and foundations. OSP administers Exchange Visitor Program (J1), a program of the United States Information Agency under which sponsors visits from qualified foreign research scholars and specialists to promote the general interest of international educational and cultural exchange.
Prepare all documentation for various collaborative agreements as well as sub-recipient contracts.
Maintain and monitor all applicable sponsor required memberships
Create a data base and filling system that tracks and maintains all submitted proposals
Work with PIs to create a budget that reflects true costs of the proposed project including indirect cost recovery
Review and finalize submissions to insure all proposals are compliant with the institution and sponsors requirements
Negotiate with various institutions that will be included in various proposals to ensure that the budget constraints are adhered to.
Insure that the institution can meet all the requirements that are stipulated in the solicitation/RFP
- Review all expenditures to ensure that they comply with all federal, state and local guidelines as well as the institution and sponsored regulations
- Work with all sub-recipients and sub-contractors to ensure that they are following all OMB sub-recipient monitoring guidelines
- Provide monthly reports to all Principal Investigators (PI) so that they have a full understanding of their fund availability
- Provide access to PIs so they can view their grants and contracts online
- Work with each PIs so they can understand their funding stream as well and the regulations that apply to these funds
- Collaborating with various sub-recipients/sub-contractors regards to closing of various grants and contracts as well as the close out process.
- Ensure that all remaining funds within a grant or contract are fully utilized.
- Monitor and maintain all effort reporting on all sponsored programs as per OMB requirements. Make all adjustments within the required time frame
- Work with various departments within the institution so that the needs of the sponsor are met.
- Invoice all sponsors in the allowable time frame that is stated by the sponsor and ensure that funds are received.
Interested in our Office of Sponsored Programs and/or Research Administration? Contact us below and a team member will follow-up promptly.
CCS Contact Form