About New York Blood Center Pharmacy
For over 30 years, the New York Blood Center (NYBC) has operated a licensed pharmacy that contracts with Albany Medical Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Mount Sinai, New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Northwell Health to provide factor medication and related supplies to patients enrolled in their Hemophilia Treatment Centers. Each center offers comprehensive care for patients with all types of bleeding disorders, including hemophilia.
NYBC has dispensed over two billion units of factor medication and offers the experience, knowledge and reliability necessary to help patients manage their medications and infusion supplies. With our professional pharmacy staff and a broad inventory of factor medications to meet patient needs, we work in tandem with each center to provide quality service and support.
Enrolled patients have access to:
- On site customer service staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including weekends and holidays) via a toll-free number.
- Medication monitoring to maintain the patient’s prescribed dosing schedule.
- Delivery of medication by our privately owned and operated transportation fleet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – simply select a time that works best for your personal schedule. For patients outside of the Metro New York and Long Island areas, we arrange shipment through a private courier service.
- ETA – an optional service to let you know when your delivery will arrive within your delivery time frame.
- Interpreting services available in any language for customer convenience and comfort.
- NYBC is licensed to distribute factor medication and devices in New York, New Jersey and other states.
- We provide all infusion supplies prescribed by your physician.
- Our pharmacy offers a full line of factor concentrates in all sizes ordered directly from the manufacturer.
- Sharps containers are provided at no cost with an optional waste removal service.
- To ensure bleeding disorder patients have access to the care and medication they need, NYBC helps monitors legislation.
For pharmacy questions dial (516) 478-5048